So here's a piece of me.

"So here's a piece of me 
that I want you to keep safe for me
This is a part that I can't take back 
what you do with it is in your hands
but with trust for the best I present-
a piece of me, hoping that I won't resent. "
[-Bhamini ]

So as we go through everyday, go through life we share little pieces of us with the people we surround. A piece of the past that has made us, shaped us into what we are today or a piece of the future that is yet to come but no matter what, we are willing to share.
You never know when someone closes in on you and tells you something that can bring you closer or drift you apart. You never know when someone shows a piece or side of them that can change how you think of them completely. We share pieces of us when we love someone and let them affect us; when we are loved and let us affect them; when we become friends and form mutual bonds; when we just come together as humans forming mutual bonds united by an invisible thread of all the little or big pieces of us that we have shared with each other.
But, what we do with these pieces thereon is on us. We can abuse it, misuse it or we can respect it and make the best of it. After all, it's not easy making ourselves vulnerable and putting ourselves out there with nothing but just trust and hope. It's not easy showing our scars, our defects and even the slightest peak of our dysfunctional side - in fact it is brave.
SO when someone hands you a piece of them, respect it. Cherish it and feel honored because someone has put in a lot of faith, strength and trust while handing you that piece. Don't ensure that you make it their biggest mistake - rather just hold onto that piece for them. Some pieces are let gone for good - these are the heavy and hard ones that hurt the most. The thing is, you never know how big is the piece to someone rather its size is your own illusion. Thus, it's best to not judge but just hold on, respect and not make someone regret...

'Cause you know what? The best part is when someone takes all your pieces puts them back in you and makes you feel like this: [in the lyrics of Ashlee Simpson]

"It seems like I can finally rest my head on something real
I like the way that feels
It's as if you known me better than I ever knew myself
I love how you can tell
All the pieces, pieces, pieces of me"

We all fit in together 'cause we hold the pieces to each other which lets us fall into place.
So don't turn those pieces to dust, you never know how your mere respect or holding on can be holding someone together.
Hold on,
Have faith,
Be brave!




Bhamini. Inspired. 

Comments

Popular Posts