Got looked at.

I am a girl. I see it everyday. It's frustrating. It is scary but it's society - they say.
They said don't wear short clothes, I did that.
They said don't go out late, I did that.
They said don't wander alone, I did that too.
Then tell me why - why is it that even after following all your solutions do guys ask us to get in their cars in broad daylight, in public places. Why is it that they are still able to touch and virtually rape a girl with  their eyes?

But, now I am happy. I am happy that people are changing- instead of asking the girls to change they are directing their anger to where it should be- the rapists; and well this makes me happy. As bad as I feel for the victim, I sure hope she knows the stir she has caused in the mentality and hearts of the people of India. She is strong and well that makes me happy.
I'm not writing to say how wrong India is and how these rapists should be hanged. I am outraged and I do empathize. And just for that reason I don't think the accused should get the luxury of being hanged and get out of this hell - just like that. Instead, I feel they should pay, they should feel the agony that they have caused and they should learn that way.
I do not want to blame all the male population also 'cause I know they are all not the same. I mean just look at the number of guys who are braving the cold and protesting, changing their dps and showing their discontent with women alike. And this outrage, this stir of emotions makes me happy.
It's wonderful and I am just amazed at the number of people who are being a part of this revolution, voluntarily. It's just amazing the extents to which people are going. So what if it's just a black dot dp or just a status or well unexpressed emotions in the heart- as long as people have planted the seeds of change in their hearts and minds- I am happy and I am amazed.
I don't think it's right to blast water at people in this cold, I mean what happened about "save water" drives you keep holding, then throwing stones and hitting people with latthis, then if that's not enough bombing them with tear gas. I am sorry but I don't get it and it makes me feel sick that our elected heads think that being inhumane and hurting the people they are supposed to protect [the irony] is the easy way out. People are angry, they are concerned and they have the right to be so. After all the majority of the nation cannot be wrong altogether now can they? But their still ongoing will and passion to brave it all and still protest makes me happy.
This ain't the problem of Delhi, Mumbai or India, China - It's the problem of humanity. It's the problem of the people. It's not India's fault instead it's the people's fault; people who fit right to be called "Criminals". Don't forget that you and I are a part of India, so blaming India is like blaming ourselves. I've been seeing people show all this concern and anger; which really makes me doubt if India is all that bad as they say it is. In fact, it just speaks up for the fact how aware the people are and just about how much they've had it with the system.
SO ALL THIS - makes me happy and feel proud about the fact that I am a part of this - part of the youth of a nation who know what humanity is and can come out on the streets or Facebook or Twitter to fight; fight for what is right.
And this makes me happy and this makes me proud.

- Bhamini



P.S. Ladies, don't be fearful - it only makes you vulnerable keep you head held high and just don't let the fear show!
P.P.S It's long but I'm sure it was worth your time. Also, we can always agree to disagree. Nothing was meant to offend anyone, this is just a personal statement. Thank you !

Comments

  1. The youth is too strong to be frightened by sticks and stones. The police showered laathis at the protesting masses and when the people faught back, they have nothing to say but that the people are deviating from their cause of protest and turning violent.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts