The darkness inside.


I wept the whole afternoon that day
prayed to God to take my life away
I had no will left to live.
Life didn’t have anything good to give.

I tried and think hard of all the good that I might have missed
but sadness was all that I could see, not one moment of bliss.
I pleaded and begged,
“Please kill me it’s the end,
I can’t run no more  to come to the same bend,
I can’t fight when destiny has already named itself.
But no one answered my prayer.
Look upon death as a going home, they say
Then why are you keeping me from my home, I say
But still no one answered.

That night I lay in dismay,
I was still alive, why am I not surprised.
The pearls did leave their resting place again that night,
moistening the path they led,
as expected no one had again heard me, even though I bled.
 



P.S. I'm not depressed, I just found this in the folder when I keep the stuff I wrote! 

Comments

Popular Posts